As this family grows and the name moves around a bit, I will share some of what I know proven and data sent by others they say are proven.
Here is link to region where he was born.
Satellite map of Bischheim (Germany, Rheinland-Pfalz) : Google™
1. He was born 30 Jan 1740 Bischeim, Rhineland, Pfatz, Germany
2, In 1776, Upper Salford, Montgomery Co. PA, was Phllip Jacob Benighoff/Penticoff and Elisabeth Margareth Schwam at their marriage.
3. She was born 1 Sept 1752 Montgomery Co. PA, she passed away pre 1854. PA
4. I only have where Phiilip Jacob passed, New Tripoli, Lynn Twp. Lehigh Co. PA. Still need more data from kin in Pennsylvania.
6. Johann Philip Penticoff/Benighoff b 28 Oct. 1770 Montgomery Co. PA d 26 Sept 1839 Union Co. PA born raised here name very muttled over time. Some documents have two or three spellings.
7. Catherine Miller, b 23 August 1772 Union Co. PA, d 1848 Buffalo Twp. Union Co. PA.
Mary Pentico Nelson has data on the Young /JUNG line. My sister in law.
8. Heinrich JUNG was born in PA, his parents were born in Europe. Data not handy. Henrich Jung later Young married and had children.
9. Catherine Young b 1810, New Hanover, Montgomery Co. PA, d 23 Aug 1886 Mound Praire, Jasper, Iowa. married according to family records? April 1825 Yorktown, Clearfield Co. PA
10. John Penticoff (multi varients) b 1800 Pennsylvania d 18 July 1857 Pleasant Valley, Scott Co. Iowa.
11. 1830 census Lycoming Jersey Shores, PA Parents across river on homestead.
1830 census Lycoming Jersey Shore, PA
2 1- — 1 ————1
Jacob Young beneath John Pentico kin
jacob Plantz beneath him also kin
1840 Burnside Clearfield Co PA
1850 Burnside Clearfield Co PA
1857 Pleasant Valley, Scott Co IA death
Children we have of record: George W. , **Phillip, John, Henry, Simon, Peter, Jacob, Susannah, Matthew and Catherine.
Peter ‘s war records
U.S., Adjutant General Military Records, 1631-1976 – Ancestry.com re Peter CW
Phillip Pentico 1828- 1917 w Mary Rolland 1833-1913
Birth Date: 7 Dec 1828
Birth Place: Pennsylvania, USA
Death Date: 2 Oct 1917
Death Place: Prairie City, Jasper County, Iowa, USA
Cemetery: Westview Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Prairie City, Jasper County, Iowa, USA
Mother: Catherine Pentico
Mary Emeline Pentico
Phillip Pentico – Ancestry.com
1901 – Des Moines; Vandalia; Des Moines; Mingo; Poweshiek, Jasper, Iowa
U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918
New Washington, PO
1860 United States Federal Census – Ancestry.com
Birth Year:abt 1828
Home in 1860:Chest, Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Post Office:New Washington
Value of real estate:View image
Philip Pentico 32
Mary Pentico 28
David Pentico 7
Solomon Pentico 5
Wm Pentico 3
Matthew Pentico 19
uscwdraft registrtion recores 1863- 1865
Abraham Roland no.10
-g 134 Henry Pentice no. 2 Burnside
You can see where family’s met and interlinked.
Today reading the Will, Guardianship papers we learned that Franklin Andrew Pentico became guardian of his Aunt at his father’s death. His Mother asked the court to appoint him and he had home, job, wife and child and which means she grew up with Aunt Marie, Dad Pentico’s sister. Both born same year.
More to come. 4-6-2018 Susi Jones Pentico wife of Fred E Pentico USNRet. AMSC